Sunday, March 17, 2013

to a new life

Had the pleasure of joining an old friend and her new husband on their wedding day this weekend. They were a shining example of what true happiness is. The wedding was simple, beautiful, and true to the spirit of the couple and I couldn't be happier for them.

Today I'm returning to New York - to my life and my apartment. To leftovers from Friday night's cooking adventure, and inevitably to work tomorrow. While weddings can induce a sense of anxiety (not only for those reciting their vows, but for those seated in the audience as well) I'm surprised by a sense of peace. I feel good about where I am in my life right now. I'm happy. Happy enough to feel genuinely pleased for my friend and her future.

Here's to an increasing understanding of the person I am and a continued sense of content.

No comments:

Post a Comment